Women's Tennis Registers 5-2 Victory at PC
CLINTON, S.C. – Campbell notched a 5-2 win on Saturday morning at Presbyterian by taking four singles matches and the doubles' point. Senior Lourdes Ros (Greensboro, N.C.), sophomore Tamara Stanic (Budva, N.C.), freshmen Ana Maria Ortiz (Barcelona, Spain) and Kirsten Renz (Greensboro, N.C.) each picked up points for the Camels.
Opening the day, junior Karolina Chernaya (Tashkent, Uzbekistan) and Stanic cruised to an 8-1 win at No. 1. The first point of the match was secured with an 8-5 victory at No. 2 by junior Natasha Afridi (Tokyo, Japan) and Chernaya.
A tiebreaker at No. 3 was need to decide the final contest as freshman Ewa Telenga (Gliwice, Poland) and Ros triumphed 7-3 over Caroline deLoach and Kayala Stanford.
The Camels took 2-0 advantage following a straight-set 6-1, 6-0 win by Ros at No. 5. Renz notched her first Big South win with a 7-5, 6-2 win at No. 6.
Clinching the match at No. 3 was Ortiz with a 6-3, 6-4 triumph to make the score 4-0. The finale point for the Camels was recorded by Stanic at No. 3, 7-6 (2), 6-3.
Presbyterian continued to battle a Greer Ranson and Courtney Gardiner at No. 1 and No. 4, respective fought to third-set victories.
Campbell returns home on Monday to host South Carolina State at 2 p.m. to close out the regular season schedule.
Campbell 5, Presbyterian College 2
Apr 06, 2013 at Clinton, S.C.
(Templeton Tennis Courts)
1. RANSOM, Greer (PCW) def. Karolina Chernaya (CAM) 1-6, 6-3, 7-5
2. Tamara Stanic (CAM) def. ALVES, Patricia (PCW) 7-6 (7-2), 6-3
3. Ana Maria Ortiz (CAM) def. deLOACH, Caroline (PCW) 6-3, 6-4
4. GARDINER, Courtney (PCW) def. Ewa Telenga (CAM) 2-6, 6-2, 6-1
5. Lourdes Ros (CAM) def. KRAUSE, Lindsay (PCW) 6-1, 6-0
6. Kirsten Renz (CAM) def. LEAHY, Lucia (PCW) 7-5, 6-2
1. Karolina Chernaya/Tamara Stanic (CAM) def. KRAUSE, Lindsay/RANSOM, Greer (PCW) 8-1
2. Ana Maria Ortiz/Natasha Afridi (CAM) def. ALVES, Patricia/GARDINER, Courtney (PCW) 8-5
3. Ewa Telenga/Lourdes Ros (CAM) def. deLOACH, Caroline/STANFORD, Kayla (PCW) 8-7 (7-3)
Campbell 8-11, 6-3 Big South
Presbyterian College 7-12, 0-6 Big South