Men’s Tennis Tops Presbyterian 5-2
BUIES CREEK – Campbell captured four singles matches and the doubles point en route to a 5-2 victory over Presbyterian Saturday morning. Adrien Rossignon improved to a team best 13-5 for the Camels (8-10, 3-3).
Rossignon defeated Grayson Mills in the on spot (6-4, 6-2). Fernando Guillen snapped a two match losing streak by knocking off Rafael Berghaus in the two position (6-3, 6-1). The San Louis Potisi, Mexico native is 12-6 in singles play this season.
Junior David Clavera knocked off Zachary Sprouse in the three position (6-1, 7-5). The win snapped a two match losing streak and improved him to 8-10 this season. Freshman Steven Billington won his fourth match as a Camel by defeating Andrew Bringham in the five spot (6-1, 6-0).
The Camels swept all three doubles matches to earn the doubles point. Rossignon and Josep Baro won their eight match of the season by defeating William O'Connell and Berghaus in the one spot (8-7).
Clavera and Guillen improved to a team best 9-7 in doubles play after knocking off Breigham and Sprouse (8-5) in the two spot. Billington and August Iwdal completed the doubles sweep for Campbell by beating Edward Snead and Nathan Crocker in the three spot (8-6).
Presbyterian vs Campbell Men
Apr 07, 2012 at Buies Creek, N.C.
Campbell Men 5, Presbyterian 2
1. ROSSIGNON, Adrien (CAMM) def. MILLS, Grayson (PCM) 6-4, 6-2
3. CLAVERA, David (CAMM) def. SPROUSE, Zachary (PCM) 6-1, 7-5
4. O'CONNELL, William (PCM) def. BARO, Josep (CAMM) 6-2, 6-2
5. BILLINGTON, Steven (CAMM) def. BRINGHAM, Andrew (PCM) 6-1, 6-0
6. ASIS, Gonzalo (PCM) def. KINNEY, Garrison (CAMM) 6-2, 6-2
1. ROSSIGNON, Adrien/BARO, Josep (CAMM) def. O'Connell/Berghaus 8-7