BUIES CREEK – Campbell won four singles matches and captured the doubles point to earn a 5-2 victory over Liberty Friday afternoon. The win puts the Camels at 7-7 overall and 2-2 in Big South Conference play.
Adrien Rossignon and Fernando Guillen picked up wins in the top two singles spots. Rossignon defeated Siim Tuus in the one spot (6-1, 6-1), while Guillen knocked off Giancarlo Lemmi in the two spot (6-4, 6-4). Both men are 10-4 in singles play this season.
Barcelona, Spain natives David Clavera and Josep Baro took home three set victories in the three and four spots respectively. Clavera picked up the win over Shea Thomas (6-2, 3-6, 6-2), and Baro defeated Dillon Segur (7-5, 4-6, 6-4).
The Camels swept all three doubles matches for the third time this season. Rossignon and Baro knocked off Tuus and Lemmi in the one spot (8-3), while August Iwdal and Ondrej Kralik defeated Segur and Mandeep Yadav in the three spot (8-4). Both duos are 6-6 this season.
Guillen and Clavera completed the doubles sweep for the Camels by knocking off Thomas and Tristan Stayt in the two spot (8-4). They are a team best 7-5 this season.
Campbell returns to the courts Wednesday, March 28 to take on #33 UNC Wilmington. Match time is set for 2:00 pm at the Nisbet Tennis Center.
Liberty vs Campbell Men
Mar 23, 2012 at Buies Creek, N.C.
Campbell Men 5, Liberty 2
1. ROSSIGNON, Adrien (CAMM) def. TUUS, Siim (LIBERTYM) 6-1, 6-1
2. GUILLEN, Fernando (CAMM) def. LEMMI, Giancarlo (LIBERTYM) 6-4, 6-4
3. CLAVERA, David (CAMM) def. THOMAS, Shea (LIBERTYM) 6-2, 3-6, 6-2
4. BARO, Josep (CAMM) def. SEGUR, Dillon (LIBERTYM) 7-5, 4-6, 6-4
5. YADAV, Mandeep (LIBERTYM) def. IWDAL, August (CAMM) 7-5, 6-4
6. AZUERO, Jorge (LIBERTYM) def. BILLINGTON, Steven (CAMM) 6-4, 6-2
1. ROSSIGNON, Adrien/BARO, Josep (CAMM) def. TUUS, Siim/LEMMI, Giancarlo (LIBERTYM) 8-3
2. GUILLEN, Fernando/CLAVERA, David (CAMM) def. THOMAS, Shea/STAYT, Tristan (LIBERTYM) 8-4
3. IWDAL, August/KRALIK, Ondrej (CAMM) def. SEGUR, Dillon/YADAV, Mandeep (LIBERTYM) 8-4
Liberty 10-9 (1-2)
Campbell Men 7-7 (2-2)