Men’s Tennis Defeats Jacksonville 6-1
Jacksonville, Fla. – Campbell took five singles matches and captured the doubles point en route to a 6-1 victory over Jacksonville Saturday afternoon. Fernando Guillen improved to 6-3 in singles play this season after his victory in the two spot for the Camels (4-5 1-2).
Steven Billington won his second match in the orange and black after defeating Larry Condez in the five spot (7-5, 7-5). James Jones won his first match of the season by defeating Elimon Heywood in the six spot (7-6, 6-2).
The Camels took two doubles matches to capture the doubles point. David Clavera and Guillen improved to 4-3 this season after picking up a win in the two spot.
The Camels will return to the courts Monday, March 5 as they travel to take on South Carolina State.
March 3, 2012
1. Banos-Lopez/ Casagrande vs Rossignon/ Baro- CU 9-8(7)
2. Heywood/ Martinez vs Clavera/ Guillen- CU 8-4
3. Condez/ Hansen vs Kralik/ Iwdal- JU 8-4
1. Casagrande vs Rossignon- CU 6-3, 6-4
2. Banos Lopez vs Guillen- CU 6-0, 7-5
3. Martinez vs Clavera- JU 7-5, 6-2
4. Hansen vs Baro- CU 6-2, 7-6(3)
5. Condez vs Billington- CU 7-5, 7-5
6. Heywood vs Jones- CU 7-6(4), 6-2