Guillen improved to 4-1 this season after knocking off Chris Mark (6-2, 6-3) in the one spot. Rossignon bounced back from his first singles loss of the season on Friday and picked up a victory over Joe Shafer in the two spot (7-6, 6-2).
Clavera cruised past Calum Gee in the four spot (6-1, 6-2) to improve to 3-2 in singles play this season.
Campbell started the match in a 1-0 hole after losing the doubles point to the wildcats. Guillen and Clavera picked up the lone doubles victory for the Camels in the two spot. Rossignon and Josep Baro fell to #19 Schafer and Gee in the one spot (9-7).
The Camels return to the courts Friday February 24 as they take on USC Upstate in Spartanburg, S.C. Match time is set for 2:00 pm.
Davidson 4, Campbell 3
Feb 18, 2012 at Davidson, N.C.
1. Fernando Guillen (CAMP) def. Chris Mark (DAV) 6-2, 6-3
2. Adrien Rossignon (CAMP) def. Joe Schafer (DAV) 7-6, 6-2
3. Nicky Kunz (DAV) def. Dominik Kaniewski (CAMP) 5-7, 7-5, 6-2
4. David Clavera (CAMP) def. Calum Gee (DAV) 6-1, 6-2
5. Robert Lightbourn (DAV) def. Josep Baro (CAMP) 0-6, 7-6, 6-1
6. Connor Evins (DAV) def. August Iwdal (CAMP) 6-3, 6-4
1. #19 Joe Schafer/Calum Gee (DAV) def. Adrien Rossignon/Josep Baro (CAMP) 9-7
2. Fernando Guillen/David Clavera (CAMP) def. Nicky Kunz/Kevin Moore (DAV) 8-4
3. Connor Evins/Chris Mark (DAV) def. Dominik Kaniewski/August Iwdal (CAMP) 9-8